DATE: Wednesday, August 1st, 2007
- 1 kilo or 2lb of tomatoes, seeded
- 1 cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large red onion or a bunch of green onions
- 2 peppers, one hot or not, cored and seeded
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp herb or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock or tomato juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Roughly chop vegetables and process in batches using a little stock each time and at the end. Mix all together and check for seasoning. If mixture is too thick, thin with more stock or juice.
Chill for several hours up to 2 days for flavours to blend.
Garnish with feta, chopped hard boiled egg, shrimp, or croutons.
A great appetizer, soup or light main course on a summerâ€™s day!