Today's the Day: Blog
Posted: Thursday, February 26th, 2009
First offâ€¦.Happy Birthday to my daughter Andieâ€¦.My little munchkin is turning 4 today. In fact as I write this, I can vividly remember the extreme pain I was in right around this time, when I started begging for an epidural. After the 26 hours or so, they finally whisked me off to the emergency room for a c-section. Andie the other night asked me about my tummy and my booboo. I went through the same explanation as I have done a few dozen times before until she sprang on a new question. How exactly did I end up in your tummy Mommy? The reply was simple, Daddy and I made you and I grew you in my tummy! No Mommy---How did you make me if I was in your tummy! Ok, so seriously, I thought I had a few more years before I needed to explain that oneâ€¦.Instead I opted for this: A tickle, a few extra big kisses, more tickling and the hope that she had forgotten the question and we could wrap up the night with one of her favorite Robert Munch stories â€śStephanieâ€™s Ponytailâ€ť. I am amazed at how fast time flies by and I sometimes need to take my own â€śtime outâ€ť and reflect a bit before rushing off to another task on my â€śto Doâ€ť list.
It is day 4 of our Fountain of Youth theme week. On the docket today is vitamin infusions. Our segment was taped at the Ottawa Vain and Cosmetic Medical Clinic which is headed by Dr.
So what are Vitamin Infusions?
There has been a resurgence of interest in iontophoresis (vitamin infusion therapy) in the medical profession. It has been used for over 100 years, 70 in the skincare industry.
A non-surgical option that uses sound waves to penetrate Vitamin A and C deeply into the skin. Using a combination of two highly sophisticated scientific methods the Ionzyme machine is the most effective for enhancing penetration of vitamins into the skin, leading to younger, brighter, firmer skin. The treatment also clears uneven texture and color and deeply hydrates the skin to achieve radiant and resilient results.
I walked into the office and met up with Dr. Bajramovic who was happy to see us, but quick to point the camera in the other direction. Dr. Bajramovic is a medical doctor who was educated and trained in Europe, Canada and the United States. Her medical and professional background includes training in family medicine at the Ottawa Civic Hospital and studying vein sclerosing techniques in Paris, France. She also has extensive training in non-surgical treatment of dermatological conditions related to aging and scarring.
Gayle Okerlund, a medical aesthetician in the clinic had plenty of information to pass on, but I must admit at times I was staring at her glowing skin! I wonâ€™t reveal her age but can tell you she looked a great deal younger than what her driverâ€™s license described. She was quick to point out that she had been doing the vitamin infusions herself for the past two years and to show me proof, held out her own before and after shots. I was impressed.
Joining us for the segment was Cynthia Desjardins, one of Gayleâ€™s clients who was very open about her struggles to hide and diminish the appearance of her port wine birth mark and acne scaring. She had tried a variety of treatments but finally found results with the vitamin infusions. She was actually quite giddy about it!
Cynthia also uses the at home roll kit (cosmetic needling) for home maintenance.
Treatments can range from 90-125 dollars. It is recommended to do about 8-12 sessions when first beginning the vitamin infusions which would be followed up with maintenance sessions.
For more information on the clinic and the treatments you can log unto their website:
We wrap up the series tomorrow with some useful information on what you should be looking for in your daily creams and moisturizers as well as a look at lasers and the role of the sun with the aging process. Dr. Karen Dover joins us for that!
Iâ€™m heading home later today with a handful of balloons! (Theyâ€™ll be popped and ceiling bound in no time)!!!!
- TRX Posted: Wednesday, May 5th, 2010
- Chai Tea - Latte-style! Posted: Wednesday, February 17th, 2010
- Fruit and Vegetables Stickers Posted: Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009
- Organic Choices on Fruits and Vegetables! Posted: Wednesday, December 16th, 2009
- Gymsticks Posted: Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009
- Today's the Day Contributors Posted: Wednesday, November 25th, 2009
- Recap of Segments! Posted: Thursday, August 6th, 2009
- Multi-Vitamins Posted: Tuesday, July 7th, 2009
- Powerbar Snack Posted: Tuesday, June 9th, 2009
- Epipen Posted: Monday, June 8th, 2009
- Core Posted: Thursday, June 4th, 2009
- Shoulder Dislocate Stretch! Posted: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009
- Nuts & Kettlebells! Posted: Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009
- Weed Re-cap Posted: Friday, May 29th, 2009
- Jumping Squares & Inverted Spine Table Posted: Thursday, May 21st, 2009
- An Ode to the Derriere! Posted: Tuesday, May 19th, 2009
- Recap: Nut Butters and Celiac Posted: Monday, May 11th, 2009
- Natural Products Posted: Friday, May 15th, 2009
- Kettlebell switch swing Posted: Thursday, May 14th, 2009
- Speed and Agility Skills Posted: Tuesday, May 12th, 2009
- Nut Butters and Celiac Posted: Monday, May 11th, 2009
- Bottom to Bottom Tabada Posted: Wednesday, May 6th, 2009
- Hydroxycut... Stop NOW! Posted: Tuesday, May 5th, 2009
- Ankle Sprains Posted: Thursday, April 30th, 2009
- Week Recap Posted: Monday, April 27th, 2009
- Spring Cleaning Posted: Friday, April 17th, 2009
- More Kettlebell Posted: Thursday, April 16th, 2009
- No Gym Required... Side Crunch! Posted: Wednesday, April 15th, 2009
- Teri's Stuffed Dates! Posted: Tuesday, April 14th, 2009
- JC Leg Cranks! Posted: Monday, April 13th, 2009
- The Common Cold... Posted: Thursday, April 9th, 2009
- Celebrity Trainer Posted: Wednesday, April 8th, 2009
- Catch Up! Posted: Tuesday, April 7th, 2009
- Hand Clap Abs! Posted: Wednesday, April 1st, 2009
- The Avocado Posted: Tuesday, March 31st, 2009
- Basic Kettlebell Swing Posted: Friday, March 20th, 2009
- Shin Splints Posted: Wednesday, March 18th, 2009
- The Right Question Posted: Tuesday, March 17th, 2009
- Personal Trainers Posted: Friday, March 13th, 2009
- Tabata Posted: Thursday, March 12th, 2009
- Grocery Shopping Posted: Wednesday, March 11th, 2009
- Hip Abductors! Posted: Tuesday, March 10th, 2009
- Swallowing the Horse Pills!! Posted: Monday, March 9th, 2009
- Cardio Tempo Posted: Friday, March 6th, 2009
- Strength for Seniors Posted: Wednesday, March 4th, 2009
- Oatmeal Bath Posted: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009
- BOSU Jumping Jack! Posted: Monday, March 2nd, 2009
- Fountain Of Youth Wrap Up! Posted: Friday, February 27th, 2009
- Vitamin Infusions Posted: Thursday, February 26th, 2009
- Lipo-Dermo-Sculpting! Posted: Wednesday, February 25th, 2009