Today's the Day: Blog
Hand Clap Abs!
Posted: Wednesday, April 1st, 2009
Plenty of laughs today on our April Fool's Show! Thanks to Bill for being such a great sport when all those around him are actually laughing at him and with him all at the same time!!!! Who knew a Monkey could have such an affect on a grown man!
I really liked the idea behind today's segment. Connie Beaulieu of CU Fit Personal Training offered a very basic and simple exercise for the abs without so much as having to get on the floor or use a piece of equipment. So here's how it goes:
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Bring you hands in front of you as though you were going to try a yoga pose -- essentially hands with palms together and with elbows bent.
- From that position, with your elbows secured into the body twist the hands from side to side. (Do not use your wrists for this motion but rather your core). It would be great if you could have a friend stand facing you with their hands spread out in from of them also hip width apart.
- For a 30 second count, you need to slap your friend's hands from side to sideâ€¦ so both your hands, placed together moving from side to side without moving the hips and shoulders.
It is a great burn on the abs. If you can repeat this a few times. Eventually you can extend the set from 30 seconds to 40 second etc.
You don't need to strain the neck or the hip flexors with this exercise and you can get a full abs burn simply by standing in one spot. It is brilliant!
By the way, my husband and I used this exercise everyday while in Mexico. It was fun to work out together and try some new things, plus it helped knowing I had to get into a bathing suit!!!!
For more information on Connie:
Connie Beaulieu is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA and Certified Personal Trainer through George Brown College and Can-Fit-Pro. With over a decade of experience, she specializes in dynamic training and education, and trains an impressive roster of dedicated clients in her private studio located in Riverside South. You can learn more about her at www.cufitpersonaltraining.com .
- TRX Posted: Wednesday, May 5th, 2010
- Chai Tea - Latte-style! Posted: Wednesday, February 17th, 2010
- Fruit and Vegetables Stickers Posted: Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009
- Organic Choices on Fruits and Vegetables! Posted: Wednesday, December 16th, 2009
- Gymsticks Posted: Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009
- Today's the Day Contributors Posted: Wednesday, November 25th, 2009
- Recap of Segments! Posted: Thursday, August 6th, 2009
- Multi-Vitamins Posted: Tuesday, July 7th, 2009
- Powerbar Snack Posted: Tuesday, June 9th, 2009
- Epipen Posted: Monday, June 8th, 2009
- Core Posted: Thursday, June 4th, 2009
- Shoulder Dislocate Stretch! Posted: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009
- Nuts & Kettlebells! Posted: Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009
- Weed Re-cap Posted: Friday, May 29th, 2009
- Jumping Squares & Inverted Spine Table Posted: Thursday, May 21st, 2009
- An Ode to the Derriere! Posted: Tuesday, May 19th, 2009
- Recap: Nut Butters and Celiac Posted: Monday, May 11th, 2009
- Natural Products Posted: Friday, May 15th, 2009
- Kettlebell switch swing Posted: Thursday, May 14th, 2009
- Speed and Agility Skills Posted: Tuesday, May 12th, 2009
- Nut Butters and Celiac Posted: Monday, May 11th, 2009
- Bottom to Bottom Tabada Posted: Wednesday, May 6th, 2009
- Hydroxycut... Stop NOW! Posted: Tuesday, May 5th, 2009
- Ankle Sprains Posted: Thursday, April 30th, 2009
- Week Recap Posted: Monday, April 27th, 2009
- Spring Cleaning Posted: Friday, April 17th, 2009
- More Kettlebell Posted: Thursday, April 16th, 2009
- No Gym Required... Side Crunch! Posted: Wednesday, April 15th, 2009
- Teri's Stuffed Dates! Posted: Tuesday, April 14th, 2009
- JC Leg Cranks! Posted: Monday, April 13th, 2009
- The Common Cold... Posted: Thursday, April 9th, 2009
- Celebrity Trainer Posted: Wednesday, April 8th, 2009
- Catch Up! Posted: Tuesday, April 7th, 2009
- Hand Clap Abs! Posted: Wednesday, April 1st, 2009
- The Avocado Posted: Tuesday, March 31st, 2009
- Basic Kettlebell Swing Posted: Friday, March 20th, 2009
- Shin Splints Posted: Wednesday, March 18th, 2009
- The Right Question Posted: Tuesday, March 17th, 2009
- Personal Trainers Posted: Friday, March 13th, 2009
- Tabata Posted: Thursday, March 12th, 2009
- Grocery Shopping Posted: Wednesday, March 11th, 2009
- Hip Abductors! Posted: Tuesday, March 10th, 2009
- Swallowing the Horse Pills!! Posted: Monday, March 9th, 2009
- Cardio Tempo Posted: Friday, March 6th, 2009
- Strength for Seniors Posted: Wednesday, March 4th, 2009
- Oatmeal Bath Posted: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009
- BOSU Jumping Jack! Posted: Monday, March 2nd, 2009
- Fountain Of Youth Wrap Up! Posted: Friday, February 27th, 2009
- Vitamin Infusions Posted: Thursday, February 26th, 2009
- Lipo-Dermo-Sculpting! Posted: Wednesday, February 25th, 2009