Purple, Green & Red Muffins
These colourful and nutrient dense muffins impress even the pickiest eater!
DATE: Saturday, March 7th, 2009
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) oat bran
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)Ontario Blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Zucchini or Carrots
- 1 Ontario Apple, cored and shredded (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- In large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar; mix well.
- Add blueberries, zucchini, apple, egg, milk and oil; stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly among greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake in 400Â°F (200Â°C) oven 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are just firm to the touch.