From Grill 41
DATE: Monday, January 9th, 2012
- 3 onion thick julienne
- 2 fennel bulb thick julienne
- 3 leeks sliced on a bias (washed)
- 3 pcs star anise
- 2 cinnoman sticks
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 spoons garlic puree
- Â¼ cup preed jalapeno (or use 2 whole habenaro)
- 1 cup pickled ginger with juice
- 1 can pureed tomato 100fl oz
- Â½ cup white wine
- 2 l rice wine vinager
- 1 cup honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a tilt skillet using high heat begin to sautee veg and spices for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and the add tomato, ginger and vinager.
- Bring to a boil and turn off.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then remove and cool.